I promised that I would post the two recipes today so here they are, plus a little something extra.
The First of today’s recipes is:
LEMON GINGER SNAPPER
- 4-6 Snapper Fillets
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated Lemon Zest
- 1/2 Cup of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Stock (or Vegetable Stock if you prefer) (even better fish stock if you have it)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1-2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, minced
- Turn oven on to 425′
- Spray baking pan with cooking spray
- Salt and pepper both sides of the snapper fillets
- Roll them up and place into the baking pan
- Take a small saucepan and combine, lemon zest, lemon juice, chicken stock, sugar, ginger, and garlic. Then add the cornstarch and using a whisk, whisk until smooth
- Put the pot on the stove and turn to medium high heat
- Sauce will begin to thicken and bubble
- Turn down the sauce
- After 20 minutes check to see if the fish has cooked through, if it has, cover with tin foil and let stand for a few minutes
- Prepare green salad
- Serve fish onto plate, spoon sauce over the fish, and sprinkle parsley over top
- Serve with the salad and buns
And on to the second recipe:
There is basically only one ingredient in this dish, other than the hamburger buns and fixins, and that is BEEF.
And really the only instructions I have is if you are going to be making these from scratch like I do, then I would suggest, either Chuck Steak or Bottom Blade Steak Boneless.
I grind mine up with my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer and the Grinder Attachment.
Once you have ground the meat, just put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm I up and then make your patties. You don’t need salt or pepper or anything else, the whole point of this is to have 100% beef patties.
I promise you the taste can not be beat.
As mentioned above I do have another recipe for you. It is a dessert unlike anything you have ever had, there is no baking, no making ice cream, no, it is simply an assembly job once you have everything you need.
I do have a picture of this in a much bigger quantity than you would need for an after dinner treat on a special night. The picture I have, the dessert was designed for about 18 people so you can scale it down from there.
This was our Christmas dessert for my family last year. The bowl is about 18 inches across at the top, so you can see what I mean about scaling it down for your family.
The Ingredients are:
- 1 pkg Two Bite brownies
- 1 pkg Oreo cookies
- 1 pkg Chocolate Pudding Cups
- 1 pkg Vanilla Pudding Cups
- 1 basket Raspberries
- 1 can Whipping Cream
You simply start layering the ingredients
- start with the brownies
- then the Vanilla Pudding
- then crumble up Oreo Cookies
- Then a layer of whipping cream
- a layer of raspberries
- a layer of chocolate pudding
- more crumbled up Oreos
- and then finish with the Whip Cream
- or finish with some more raspberries on top
you can decorate in any fashion you choose, you can use different fruit, like strawberries or orange, Yum. You are only limited by your own imagination. As you can see from the picture below, I decided to use the raspberries as little Santa hats and then decorated with Chocolate Jimmies, and silver balls.
I hope I am forgiven for not having the recipes ready for you yesterday.
By the way, if you have a question or would like to ask me anything, you can email me at Barb@24bas10.com. I would love to hear from you, and I promise, I will answer.
Take care until tomorrow and have a lovely evening.